If you have trees which need to be trimmed, be very careful about hiring a tree service. While most tree service companies are professionals who do high-quality work, there are also many scams and companies who do poor work in this industry. In fact, the tree service industry was sixth in complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to protect yourself when hiring tree service companies. The company providing the tree service Fort Myers residents trust has put together a quick tip list to ensure you hire a legitimate tree service company.
1. Ask friends and family for recommendations. This is one of the best ways to find a reputable and reliable tree service. You can also check online and with the local Chamber of Commerce.
2. Once you have a few names, check their Better Business Bureau rating and if they have any complaints against them. Those that are accredited by the BBB are usually reputable companies.
3. Narrow your list to three or four companies and then check their local reputation. You should be able to read reviews online. You can also check with their trade association to see if they are members of the International Society of Arboriculture or the Tree Care Industry Association.
4. Schedule appointments with the three or four companies on your list and ask them to bring copies of their insurance certificates. It is important that the company provides liability insurance to all workers in case someone gets injured during the job. You don’t want your insurance company to have to pay for an injured employee because their company doesn’t have the proper liability insurance.
5. Ask each company to provide a written estimate for the work. This estimate should include a detailed listing of the work to be performed, costs for labor and any materials and the company’s guarantee for their work.
6. When you have at least three quotes for the job, compare them. If there is a quote that is much less than the others or one that is much higher, it is usually a good idea to discard that estimate. A tree service that quotes too low is most likely to be inexperienced or doesn’t have the proper insurance and credentials. A company that quotes to high may just be trying to take advantage of you because you need your trees trimmed.
Never accept a quote from a tree service that shows up at your door uninvited. Companies providing the best tree service Fort Myers offers will never just show up and offer to trim your trees.